- Founded in 2005, VNN is a national network of hundreds of veterinarians and animal health professionals who use VNN-produced resources in both traditional and online media to distribute news stories about current pet health issues and advances in veterinary care.
- VNN members are also media trained and equipped for urgent or breaking news in animal health issues.
- VNN was started an educational grant from Merial. VNN is now a member-supported organization.
- VNN is endorsed by the American Society of Veterinary Medical Association Executives (ASVMAE), American Society of Veterinary Journalists (ASVJ) and Morris Animal Foundation
- VNN content is non-commercial, accurate and trustworthy.
- All audio/video is produced and owned by VNN. Attribution is “Courtesy of Veterinary News Network”.
- VNN has produced over 120 animal health news stories as of January 2011.
- Two new customizable news packages are available each month. These packages include written articles, media talking points, video reports and even the ability to customize the video into personal vblogs.
- VNN stories are carried on many in-clinic networks, syndicated television and radio programs, as well as web and social media sites including:
- Pet Care TV Network
- USA Radio (Daybreak USA)
- Your Life TV
- YouTube.com (search MyVNN)
- Facebook (approx 150 Facebook Pages)
- The VetMatrix network of Hospitals
- The VetNetwork Hospital websites
- The Texas Farm Bureau Radio Network
- 2006 - VNN generated more than 66 million consumer impressions
- 2007 - VNN generated more than 250 million consumer impressions
- 2008 - VNN generated more than 650 million consumer impressions
- 2009 - VNN generated more than 700 million consumer impressions
- 2010 - VNN generated more than 730 million consumer impressions
- 2011 - VNN generated more than 820 million consumer impressions!
Printer Friendly Version