If Sleuth had his way, he wouldn’t have to decide which new pet product to buy from the store…he would have them ALL! Here’s a short list of pet products that Sleuth and The Veterinary News Network have found that help our pets and help them have fun!
1) Pet owners love to spoil their four legged friends! With the ease of the Internet and pet superstores all around, it’s easy to find new and innovative products.
2) Exercise and toys are too important categories. Experts agree that “a tired dog is a good dog”. New products include bones that help hydrate your pet while he plays and even a bubble gun that shoots bacon flavored bubbles!
3) Some pets have behavior and boredom issues. There are new items to help relieve anxiousness in dogs, like the Thundershirt®. Also, for our bored kitty friends, consider a safe outdoor enclosure, like the Kritter Kondo.
4) You can even find innovation and new products in the pet food aisle. Kong® has a great new puzzle toy called the Wobbler®.
5) Confused about the enormous numbers of pet foods? Ask your veterinarian for a recommendation! We can match your pet’s needs with the right diet!
6) Don’t forget about the importance of grooming! The Furminator® helps make brushing easy and it also minimizes the hair shed in your home.
7) Do you like to travel with your pets? Look for cute pet themed totes, specially designed safety belts and even GPS trackers for your furry friends.
8) Above all, consider products that are not only eco-friendly or American made, but also that carry an endorsement from a veterinarian.
9) We would like to help you find safe and fun products for your pets. Ask our staff about which toys, foods and other items are best for your dog or cat.
10) For more trustworthy and accurate pet health information, visit www.MyVNN.com or www.PetDocsOnCall.com .
While the U.S. economy remains sluggish, the pet economic sector, on the contrary, continues on an upward trend. It appears that when it comes to Fido, we’re not so inclined to cut corners. Pet product marketers are aggressively courting the consumer to buy their newest “can’t-live-without-pet-product”.
It’s important to know which products are beneficial and safe for your pet. To simplify the product clutter, we have prepared a sampling of new, innovative products…but this is ONLY a short list!
By: Dr. Jim Humphries, Veterinary News Network
The ever growing pet product market ranges from fashion to fun, exercise to IQ puzzles, gourmet pet foods and treats….and everything in between.
These products are available on-line pet specialty sites, at pet boutiques and superstores... even the neighborhood groomer is likely to have a pet product line tempting you.
In considering which new products to purchase, it’s important to evaluate what your pet will enjoy, if the product provides healthy fun activity and the value to your pocketbook. Here’s a look at some innovative products by major categories. And remember this is a very abbreviated list!
EXERCISE AND PLAY products are dually beneficial. Look for pet-engaging toys with healthful options such as the following products:
1) The Hydro Freeze® family of toys. This toy product group provides hours of dog-chewing, fetching fun while simultaneously hydrating the dog. The award winning HydroBone® is now being joined by their new HydroBall® and HydroSaucer®.
2) If your pet needs more exercise than you have time, check out the DogTread® treadmill. It provides great fitness at home, and there will be no more traipsing out in the rain, snow, or mud with Fido!
3) Let your pet go wild with the Bubble Buddy®! This bubble blower, specially designed for dogs, uses SCENTED bubbles…like chicken or bacon! Just sit back...blow the bubbler…and let the dog exercise while chasing those tasty bubbles!
4) For those tough pups, try Kong’s Wubba…specially designed for durability and keeping your pup entertained!
BOREDOM or BEHAVIOR ISSUES can be positively handled if you have the right product.
5) The ThunderShirt® has a calming effect on the pet’s nervous system and has proven successful for that anxious canine, especially during summer storms.
6) Felines are not forgotten either when it comes to good therapeutic products! Cats that suffer from cabin fever, can safely enjoy the outdoors in their Kritter Kondo®. This easy-to- set up enclosure gives the cat a fun way to enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment.
7) A great indoor cat product is the eco-friendly cathouse system®. These cardboard kitty play houses are foldable, stackable and changeable and they provide hours of play fun for indoor cats.
NUTRITION AND FEEDING PRODUCTS. You can even find innovation on the pet food aisle!
8) Award winning and very popular KONG® continues to introduce new toys for dogs and cats. Their new KONG Wobbler® dispenses food while providing entertainment too. And now KONG® has come out with KONG Stuffin’®- a pepperoni-paste filler for the KONG toys!
9) New pet food diets are released almost every week. We strongly advise everyone to consult with your veterinarian to find the right food for your pet!
10) Veterinarians know the importance of fresh water…so much so that a veterinarian invented the fresh-flowing Drinkwell Water Fountain® system for cats and dogs.
11) And grooming has never been easier with products like FURminator®, the ultimate pet shedder too.
TRAVEL & SAFETY PRODUCTS. Today more folks are traveling with their pets, and there are many great travel and safety products available. There’s everything from GPS collars for tracking that wayward pet to cute pet themed totes, safety belts, and of course—haute couture for the pet traveler. Fun travel products are sure to add charm to Fido’s adventures.
With so many new and great pet products in the marketplace, it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Key things to look for include: Award winning designations, American- made, Eco-friendly, and of course veterinarian endorsed products. Other important factors to consider when selecting the right products are your pet’s age, agility, and interests.
With a little research on-line or through your veterinarian, you’re sure to become an educated pet product consumer…and a real hero to your pet too!